Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Kieper

Mrs. Kieper

Mrs. Kieper, the French and Study Skills teacher at Mountain View.

Have you ever felt overwhelmed with school work, but can’t find time outside of school to deal with it? Then study skills is the perfect class for you.

Mrs. Kieper is not only teaching study skills to help students relieve stress and finish schoolwork, she also teaches French. She has been teaching for 11 years in total at 4 different schools.

In her free time she enjoys singing karaoke, traveling, writing murder mysteries and she is currently learning Chinese.

When I asked, what is your favorite part about teaching at Mountain View High school, she said “I love getting the students excited about French, and we like to play games in my classroom. I like to have fun with students. I like that the students here are all friends and help each other. I’ve taught at four schools and Mountain View has a really great vibe”

Mrs. Kieper had some advice for all the students at MVHS. Find something that you love, and go for it. Travel while you’re young. Check Canvas consistently, and take a French class. I hope everyone takes the pandemic seriously because I have personally felt the effects because of my father battling covid in the hospital.

She said the only negative part about teaching is phones. “Students are too addicted to their phones”.