Multicultural Assembly

This week has been filled with beautiful color and culture. As it comes to a close, the goal is for every member of Mountain View High School, student and staff, to feel the importance and beauty of culture, their own and those of the world. John Hume once said “Difference … should never be the source of hatred or conflict. The answer to difference is to respect it. Therein lies a most fundamental principle of peace: respect for diversity.”

As a student here at Mountain View, Giovanna Dorsch has seen wonderful respect for fellow bruins both on and off the school campus, especially this week. Dorsch stated her thoughts on the school’s Multicultural celebration, “It was all done so well with the lunch time activities, having an assembly to show the rest of the school and the teachers. That they even were willing to do an after school performance was so sweet.”

The beautiful thing about diversity is it doesn’t come and go within a week or an evening performance. Diversity is part of who we are, our background, our heritage. With only 4 months of school left in the year as Mountain View students and staff strive to carry this love and passion for all cultures not only through the school year but to teach and live by this “fundamental principle of peace: respect for diversity” always.

You are welcome to watch Mountain View’s High School Multicultural Celebration with this link: https://youtu.be/ZCV74Sib_ZA

The program is included below.

-The Program-

Jai Jai Shivshan
NHS Dance Arts
(Choreographed by Mary Beth Johnson)

Latino Medley
LIA (Latinos in Action)

La Vie en Rose
French Club

Seuke
POP (People of the Pacific)

Native American Hoop Dance
Mr. Groves and Friends

Mate Ma’a Tonga
POP

La’u Samoa
POP

Latinx Celebration
Multicultural Club and Co.