Mountain View High School Club Week

Mountain View High School has some great opportunities for their students. One of the things they have provided for their students is clubs. These clubs are not only fun and interactive, they are great for college applications and help the students make friends with common interests. Here are some of the clubs that Mountain View is participating in this year (2022-2023).

FCCLA
Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is an amazing club for students 9th-12th grade who are looking to learn about a number of youth concerns. This list includes family relationships, parenting, peer pressure, substance abuse, sustainability, and nutrition/fitness. This club focuses on teaching students Family Consumer Science (FCS) and Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO). FCCLA creates opportunities for students to pursue careers that support families.

FFA
Future Farmers of America is a great club for those interested in agriculture and leadership. This club promotes personal growth to each individual student and career development in the agricultural industry for its club members. This club also gives students the opportunity to explore careers in becoming teachers, scientists, doctors, business owners and many more. This club has been around since 1928 and has grown to become an incredible opportunity for high school students.

FBLA
Future Business Leaders of America is an international organization and is an amazing program that will guide high school students to understanding and using business skills in their work and home life. FBLA teaches its students about business ethics, workplace skills, public speaking, and cyber security. Students are also given opportunities to earn scholarships by using the skills they learn and professionally competing against multiple schools. This club is a great opportunity for students to earn scholarships and becoming the future of business leaders in America.

CTE
Career and Technical Education gives students the opportunity to explore careers that interest them and is suitable for their lifestyle. CTE provides students with hands-on, worked-based learning opportunities and gives students the opportunity to earn scholarships. They also prepare students to embark entering a career with confidence and knowledge necessary to enter the job market prepared and educated of tools and resources.

Choir, Band, and Orchestra.
At Mountain View, the music programs give students the ability to compete against other schools and the opportunity to travel for competitions and become educated on Music Theory. Students who participate in choir, band, and orchestra tend to get some really fun and exciting opportunities. MVHS Choir performs 4 concerts a year, which include a fall concert, Pops Concerts fundraiser, Winter Holiday Concert, and a Festival showcase. In the month of December, the choir sings as a part of the seasonal performances at Temple Square.