Student council winners excited for their new roles

Raina Ordonez, the winner of Student Body Publicity (English-speaking). She will be in charge of making announcements for the student council in English.

Mountain View students voted for their next year’s student council members. These members will represent the students in the new school year. There were many positions in the student council, including the class presidents and the overall student council president that people ran for. The winners can celebrate their victory and start preparing for their new role in the school. Some of the winners had comments and thoughts about their recent achievements.

Ashely Sperry, the winner of Student Body Activities. She will be in charge of events like schools dances. (Angelina Almanza)

Ashely Sperry was the winner for Student Body Activities. Sperry will be setting up things like school dances and other activities. Sperry´s favorite movie is Napoleon Dynamite and loves to laugh. Her favorite color is red like cherries. She loves a good party and is looking forward to making dances for everyone and can’t wait for the next school year. There are many more activities that she will be a part of as well.

¨I can’t wait to work with a lot of cool people for the school!” Sperry said with a smile.

Raina Ordonez, the winner of Student Body Publicity (English-speaking). She will be in charge of making announcements for the student council in English. (Angelina Almanza)

Raina Ordonez won the vote for Student Body Publicity for English Speaking. Ordonez will make announcements for the student council in English. Her favorite color is purple, and is excited to be on the student council. Not only is she excited about what she can do next year, but she also had thoughts about the other winners and what everyone can do together.

¨There are a lot of great people on the student council, and I think that together, we all have characteristics that work well together!¨ Ordonez said with a smile.

Andru Davis, the winner of Student Body Publicity (Spanish speaking). He will be in charge of making announcements for the student council in Spanish. (Angelina Almanza)

Andru Davis was the winner of the Student Body Publicity for Spanish Speaking. Davis will also make announcements for the student council but in Spanish. Davis´ favorite song right now is “Cupid” by Fifty Fifty, and his favorite color is tan. He is super excited to be on the student council. Davis also can´t wait to work with all of the other winners of next year’s student council.

¨I am excited because I can work hard for our student body!¨ Davis explained.

Maite Gurrola won the vote for Student Body Public Relations. Gurrola will be in charge of being the voice between the PTA and the Student Council. Gurrola has many favorite colors including pink, blue, and yellow. She is not only excited to be in the student council, but she is excited to be the voice of the student council. She talks about the other benefits of being on the student council.

¨It will give me the opportunity to be more involved in the school, and it looks great on college applications.¨ Gurrola said.

There are many more winners of next year’s student council members. These people will be a part of a ton of things at school. Many of them will be the faces behind the activities throughout the year. There are also the people who will make announcements and next year ‘s class presidents who will represent the class they are in. Congratulate the winners and see what they do next year for the student body.