3 years of joy, stress and hard work have finally come to an end

maddie hipple

Friday night lights for the Bruins during the 2022 football season

Class of 2022 we’ve done it. We are graduating! It is crazy to think that our 3 years of high school have come to an end. These past 3 years have been anything but easy. Hundreds of homework assignments, extracurricular activities and to top it off a pandemic that stole that last part of our sophomore year from us. Mountain View has given us a heck of an experience and I want to take this opportunity to reminisce over the memories that we have all made here.
To throw it back, let’s start at the beginning of sophomore year. It was our first year here and honestly we all were just trying to find our classes and get past the nerves of the first year of high school. After months of homework, tests, sports games, and making friends, the Coronavirus decided to join us. At first none of us thought it would amount to what it turned out to be. After the heightening of cases, the public was shut down. Schools, restaurants, extracurricular activities and more. This was a massive change for everyone, and it took a lot of time to get used to. All students had to permanently go online, not go anywhere, not see loved ones and friends and so much more.
Moving on to junior year, we came back to Mountain View masked up. Wearing a mask was required to go to school, or pretty much do anything. School was half as long, and to top it off we didn’t even attend school on Wednesdays. Because the virus was so severe, attendance at school DID NOT count. This made it really hard to feel the need to come to school everyday. Cheerleaders were wearing masks to cheer and Bruin crazies were cheering on our Bruins while wearing masks. Sports for the Bruins last year was definitely exciting. Most of our sports teams really excelled and it was so fun to be a part of.
Now we are here, senior year. It feels like the past 3 years have flown by, but it has also felt like an eternity. 3 years of stress, tears, laughter, homework etc. Senior year has been so fun considering it has been the only normal year for the class of 2022. We’ve had so many fun activities, and been a part of so many things to help the community. Student Council this year has been amazing and certainly wanted and encouraged every Bruin to be involved and to stand together. Although some of our sports teams didn’t perform to their full potential, our girls volleyball team shredded, our boys XC won state, our cheer team got 4th at nationals and our boys wrestling team won region.
All in all Mountain View has provided a great environment for every student and has made high school a great experience. Thank you teachers, students, administrators and most importantly thank you Mountain View. Congratulations class of 2022!