The Bruin Post

The Student News Site of Mountain View High School

The Bruin Post

The Bruin Post

Mega-Concert

Mega-Concert

What event at the school is two nights of student performers, catchy music, and upbeat dancing put together for your viewing pleasure? Sounds like MegaConcert! Each year the MVHS choir department hosts a massive choir production, which is called MegaConcert. “It’s probably the biggest, if not the second largest production in the entire school year.” Brett Taylor, the choir teacher, said. This year MegaConcert is happening November 16-17 at 7 p.m. in the MVHS auditorium!

When choosing a theme, Taylor spends hours searching through music providers and files. “I want music that students could get excited about and also that audience members would know,” Taylor said. So what’s the theme? None other than Contemporary Musical Theatre! When asked about the theme and why it’s exciting, Taylor said, “Cause it’s fun!… You’re going to be wowed by the solo performances, it’s not just choral music. It’s not a boring show.”

So get excited because MegaConcert is happening next month! Yes you heard right! Mark it in your calendars: November 16-17 at 7 p.m. Be on the lookout for posters and get hyped.