The Bruin Post

The Student News Site of Mountain View High School

The Bruin Post

The Bruin Post

Boys basketball season is back

The boy’s basketball season of 2023/2024 is right around the corner for Mountain View High School. The first game of the season will be Friday, November 17 at 7p.m at Cottonwood High. The time to support these boys is coming quickly! They have been working hard on and off the court to become the best team. The chemistry between these athletes is unlike anything that the basketball team has seen in the past 24 years. The team of 2023 has been doing a lot of preseason games with 2 games every week and their record for these preseason games is 3-5. “I think with the talent we have and the bonds we’ve created I think we can get to the semis of the state tournament. I think the belief we have in each other can take us all the way if the team can figure out how to connect all the pieces that are already there.” says Kevin Lewis. Lewis is a Shooting Guard for the Mountain View basketball team. He has played since he was four years old, and has played for the high school since his sophomore year and continues to play this year as a junior. His experience and his excitement on how far they will go this coming season says a lot for how good these boys are this year.

The season includes playing the following teams: Cottonwood High, Logan High, Crimson Cliffs, Dixie High, Cedar and Cedar Valley High schools, East High, Uintah High, Timpanogos High, Payson High and Provo High. This is the 2023-2024 season games. The boys basketball team just moved down to 4A and this will be the first experience playing against all these teams. All of these opponents are going to be challenging but these boys need your support and need you to be there to cheer them on during these games. The basketball boys can not do it without you!

4A is a new journey, even though these boys are going from 5A to 4A does not mean they are not ready to play just as big. Interviewing one of the star seniors on the team Conner Fairbanks,who has played for the high school since his freshman year and has loved playing with the guys and the team his whole life. Fairbanks goes on to say “The best 4A competitions are the same as any 5A and 6A teams. It will be hard but will be good competition. It will be a good season for us.” Like Fairbanks said, even though these teams are smaller does not mean they won’t be hard. All of the teams in our region are tough; it will require a new style of play from these Bruins.

While interviewing two of the star players Fairbanks and Kevin Lewis about this upcoming basketball season they both had the same excitement, Lewis shared. “I am very excited for this season! I’ve been looking forward to it for a long while now. It’s going to be so much fun and we’re all going to grow closer as brothers, it’s going to be awesome.” This is going to be a fun year and their story is just starting. Come and support our team as they start a new journey and make history like no one has ever seen before! It’s time to show up. The work has been put in and there is no stopping these boys. The players and coaches are excited to see what this season has in store for these Mighty Bruins.