Performing Arts Assembly 2020

This year the Performing Arts Assembly will look a little different from years past, but the assembly will still be a great celebration for the many talented musicians at Mountain View High School.

In years past the Performing Arts Assembly has always been during school hours, just in the auditorium. In usual years there is a concert for family and friends to come and support as well. But, this year the Coronavirus has changed those performing plans. The assembly this year will be a collection of videos, one for each of the different music groups. These short videos of the choir, band, and orchestra will then be combined into one video that will be emailed out to the student body on Friday, the 18th. Although, it isn’t the traditional way of celebrating the music and the students, many around the school are grateful for this filmed opportunity.

2020 has been a different year, bringing many new challenges alongside it. The Director of the Performing Arts at Mountain View High School, Brett Taylor, wanted to be sure these young musicians still had their performing moments for their school, their supporters, and themselves. Although it may not be for an auditorium filled with family and friends, they will be able to perform and be supported, just not in person this year.

The link for the Performing Arts Assembly Video will be added to the Bruin Post on Friday December 18th. Stay tuned and watch to support Mountain View’s wonderful band, orchestra, choir, and dance groups!